Boron is essential to the maintenance of balance in saltwater aquariums. Too low a concentration can slow the growth of corals and calcareous algae, excessive lead to an accumulation of boric acid, which can act as a bactericide, so important bacteria are killed.
The boron content of natural seawater is relatively low and is between 4.4 mg / l and 4.8 mg / l.
Monthly Bormessungen are therefore recommended.
The Salifert Boron Profi-Test Set measures the naturally occurring boron in steps of 0.5 mg / l.
Salifert Boron Test
* Measures boron in the areas of natural occurrence
* Measures in increments of 0.5 mg / L. The levels of boron in the NMW varies in the range of 4.4 - 4.8 mg / L
* A high concentration of boron to affect many essential bio-running - cycling
* The result of a low boron concentration is the very slow growth of corals and calcareous algae
* The test quantity is supplied for 25 tests
* Only for use in sea water